how to steep the perfect cup of iced tea
Among so many other reasons to enjoy tea, iced tea refreshes and satisfies, especially during the warm summer months. The steps to enjoying your tea over ice are not that different from steeping hot tea. It simply requires a bit of extra time to allow the tea to come to room temperature and a double dose of tea to provide the same rich taste that you experience in your hot tea.
Follow these simple steps to brew our delicious, premium teas:
- By starting with cold, fresh water you guarantee that each brew will yield the pure essence of the tea. Bring the water to a boil in your kettle.
- To enjoy a single serving, place two tea bags in the bottom of your cup and pour the boiling water over the top.
- To make multiple servings, place two tea bags per cup of tea into the bottom of the teapot and pour the boiling water over the top..
- Allow the tea to steep for three to five minutes, and whenever possible, use these moments as a break for reflection and relaxation.
- When the steeping is completed, remove any tea bags from the tea and discard.
- After you have allowed the tea to return to room temperature, serve over ice.
- Savor the refreshing flavor of an ice cold cup of tea.